- ⇒ Download the Pledge (pdf or Word)
- ⇒ Email completed pledge to RFBF President Brian Grim
- ⇒ Benchmarking Resource: CRDA (Corporate Religious Diversity Assessment) overview
Promoting Sustainable and Innovative Business Through Protecting Workplace Freedom of Religion or Belief*
[COMPANY] affirms that freedom of religion or belief (“FoRB”) is a fundamental right. [COMPANY] also recognizes that religious freedom promotes sustainable and innovative businesses, contributes to human flourishing, and results in peaceful and stable societies. For these reasons, and with a vision of a future of innovative and sustainable economies where FoRB and diversity are respected, [COMPANY] strives to be a leader in promoting and protecting FoRB in its workplace and communities.
Non-Discrimination and Non-Harassment on the Basis of Religion or Belief
[COMPANY] respects each individual’s rights to freedom of religion or belief, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and prohibits discrimination on the basis of religion or belief. This prohibition on religious discrimination applies to all aspects of employment including, without limitation, recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training, job assignments, promotions, demotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, terminations. [COMPANY] will take appropriate action upon receiving a report consistent with its general non- harassment and non-discrimination policy.
Religious Accommodation and Inclusion
[COMPANY] promotes a religiously inclusive environment where each employee’s beliefs are recognized and respected, but where religion or belief is not a matter of force or coercion. Consistent with this policy, an employee may seek, and [COMPANY] will provide, a reasonable religious accommodation that does not create an undue hardship on [COMPANY]’s business if his or her religious beliefs, observances, practices, or requirements conflict with his or her job, work schedule, [COMPANY]’s policy or practice on dress and appearance, or with other aspects of employment.
Protecting and Promoting Freedom of Religion or Belief (FoRB) in Our Communities
[COMPANY] strives to be a leader in promoting and protecting freedom of religion or belief (FoRB) among its stakeholders and in the broader community. Among other practices that are consistent with this policy, [COMPANY] will strive to support local, national and global initiatives that promote FoRB.
21 CEOs Sign the Pledge
Video: 2018 Global Business & Interfaith Peace Awards, Seoul, Korea. Former UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon delivered the keynote address before signing of Corporate Pledge.
- – Packet (Pledge, Best Practices, HR & External Policies, Charter Statements, etc.)
- – Training on Workplace Religious Diversity & Inclusion
- – Boardroom PowerPoint on the Pledge
- – Rationale for the Pledge
- – Korean (기업 서약: 4가지 기본 원칙)
- – Portuguese (Compromisso Corporativo)
- – Launch of the Pledge (Newseum, Washington, DC, Jan. 2016)
* Freedom of Religion or Belief (FoRB) is an internationally recognized human right protecting people’s right to practice, change or have no religion (see Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights).