Pasquale Annicchino, Ph.D., LL.M., Senior Research Fellow
+39-055-4685-882 | Pasquale.Annicchino@eui.eu
Pasquale Annicchino is a Senior Research Fellow at the Religious Freedom & Business Foundation.
Pasquale Annicchino is a Research Fellow at the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies at the European University Institute in Florence, Italy. He has been adjunct professor of law at Brigham Young University Law School and a visiting professor at the Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium).
He received his Ph.D. in Law from the University of Siena and studied in several other universities in Europe and the United States: Charles University in Prague, the European Academy of Legal Theory, Emory Law School, University College London where he also served as Editor in Chief of the UCL Human Rights Review. He serves as book review editor for Religion and Human Rights: an International Journal and is a member of the editorial board of Quaderni di Diritto e Politica Ecclesiastica published by Il Mulino. He has published in many journals, including First Amendment Law Review, European Public Law, The George Washington Journal of International Law, The Ecclesiastical Law Journal. He is the author of Esportare la Libertà Religiosa. Il Modello Americano nell’Arena Globale, published in 2015 by Il Mulino.
Recent talk at Georgetown University: “Pasquale Annicchino compares US and European-approaches to religious freedom”
- Cross, Crucifix, Culture: An Approach to the Constitutional Meaning of Religious Symbols, with F. Gedicks, EUI Working Paper,12/ 2013
- Il conflitto tra il principio di autonomia dei gruppi religiosi ed altri diritti fondamentali: recenti pronunce della Corte Suprema degli Stati Uniti e della Corte europea dei diritti dell’Uomo, Quaderni di Diritto e Politica Ecclesiastica, 1/2013, pp. 55-70
- Freedom of Religion or Belief in the Foreign Policy of the European Union, Much Ado About Nothing?, forthcoming in M.A Glendon, R. Alvira (ed.), Religion and Civil Society: The Changing faces of Religion and Secularity
- Onward secular soldiers, review of an article, Religion and Public Policy,The Economist, 4/12/2013
- The EU and Faith: A Religious Policy by Stealth, interview in Erasmus – Religion and Public Policy, The Economist, 3/07/2013 (interview)
- Così si uccide il confronto sul crocifisso, Corriere Fiorentino/Corriere della Sera, 16/05/2013 (op-ed)
- La libertà religiosa fa bene all’economia, Una riflessione su mercato, libertà umana e fede,Aletia, 06/30/2014